I have had a good number of people ask me how they can help advocate for the unborn. When issues are this large and complicated it is easily to get lost in the weeds of what you can do about it resulting in paralysis and inaction. Here is a compiled list of simple and practical list of ideas. Not every single idea is a good fit for everyone but there is something in here for everyone.
NOTE: these were not organized with order of importance in mind.
NOTE: we need to have both a pre-birth and post-birth serving mindset if we expect people to choose life.
1. Pray – privately and publicly
2. Read – Why Pro-Life?, The Case for Life, Bonhoeffer, Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery – as powerful as Alcorn and Klussendorf’s books were Eric Metaxas’ biographies of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and William Wilberforce has carried the most substantive source of encouragement
3. Dialogue – have a meal and civil conversation about life and abortion
5. Vote – vote for candidates that support life
6. Sidewalk Counseling – effective and empathetic physical presence at abortion clinics
7. Volunteer at Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers
8. Donate to Local Crisis Pregnancy Centers – supplies, money