Which is your favorite? Did I miss anything extraordinary?
1. “The Danger of an Uncoverted Seminary” – a very worthwhile read, from a mainline perspective, on thedechristianization of the West and how seminaries ought to be adjusting to this shift. We’ve never been more like the 1st/2nd centuries – pluralism, syncretism, and a world where the velocity of ideas was ever quicker due to new trade routes.
2. Very disturbing Gallop Poll showing that 53% of democrat leaning voters think positively about “socialism.” This is insanity. People need to read history. Also included in the poll were voters impressions of: small business, free enterprise, entrepreneurs, capitalism, big business, and federal government. Also, 63% of all polled (both democrat and republican) thought Barack Obama was a “socialist.”
3. Google has been doing lots of stuff this week: “Is Google Planning to Add Storeviews to Google Maps?“; “Google Creates Experimental Fiber Network…(capable of 1Gb/s)“; they also are launched an offensive on Facebook over their Gmail client – “Google wants to be Facebook and Facebook wants to be Gmail“.
4. Ligonier has a huge compilation of links on the New Perspectives on Paul, from Turretin to present.
5. Proposed Obama 2011 budget cuts could drastically reduce charitable giving from taking away line item deductions for those in 28% and higher tax brackets.
6. A fascinating piece on First Things entitled, “Vampires and the Anthropic Principle.”
7. First Things has an interesting info-graphic and analysis of the 210,000,000 Facebook profiles and friend networks: “The Localism of Facebook Nation”
9. Steven Pearlstein of the Washington Post writes on the fallout of the Amazon v. MacMillan.
10. Only 4 men have been to all 44 Superbowls, here is their story.
11. “Physicist Discovers How to Teleport Energy“: infinite possibilities here.
12. A very scary article from GQ about cell phone radiation and brain cancer. The writer talked to several investment bankers in their late 30s/early 40s who have been using cell phones since the brick days… and have brain tumors. This is not a tin foil hat, conspiracy theory article, it is cogently written.
13. Awkwardfamilyphotos.com – self-explanatory, hilarious, and definitely awkward.
15. Several people in the Philippines have been murdered by singing the triumphalist Frank Sinatra song, “My Way,” read the NY Times article.
16. 12 really random things you can buy on the internet (I fancy both the tanks and the giant floating hamster balls).
17. NY Times article on the ‘Shortage of Men on College Campuses.’
18. Foxnews on proposed new government administration to study climate change. File under: big government and waste of money.
19. NY Times Op-Ed chilling story on “The World Capital of Killing.”
20. “Will the Baby Boomers Bankrupt Social Security” – CNBC article
21. Ed Stetzer on potential upcoming shifts in pastoral ministry.
22. Low intelligence second most important indicator (behind smoking) as predictor of heart disease.